Monday 18 April 2011

The Florentine Tearoom



 
I am forever on the hunt for new and exciting cafe's and was overjoyed when I discovered The Florentine Tearoom. My eyes instantly lit up when I walked into his quaint little cafe for the first time! It is my new favourite spot with it's elegant interior and scrumptious delights. I love a good old fashioned tea party and am never one to say no to a cup of tea and a sweet treat especially when shared with friends!! When you order tea at The Florentine Tearoom you get a large pot and a beautiful vintage english china teacup, milk and sugar all served on a gorgeous antique style tray. I love the fact that The Florentine Tearoom only serves leaf tea as I'm not one to drink teabag tea......I know I may sound like a bit of a tea snob (if there is such thing!) but teabag tea is something I just don't like and leaf tea just tastes soooo much better!!! ......


The Florentine Tearoom is located on Ranfurly Road in Epsom and I would highly recommend it!! I have been there several times now and it never disappoints! It is the perfect place to catch up with friends for a morning or afternoon tea date. It has a warm and cosy feel about it and is so so charming I'm having an extremely difficult time keeping away!!!

Simran xx

club sandwich 

They have a great selection of sweet treats as well as some pretty tasty savoury delights! The roast vege tremazino with haloumi is definitely worth trying!!

They also make scrupmptious blueberry pancakes which are served with yoghurt and honey which is a nice change from the usual maple syrup




The custard slice is AMAZING!!! If you like custard slice then this is most definitely worth giving a go.





The tokyo lime green tea is a nice alternative to the usual varities. It is soothing and refreshing and one of my favourites. You also get a few antioxidants thrown in without noticing (since it's green tea) which is a bonus! so it's delicious and healthy!

And for those of you who just NEED your daily coffee fix, the usual fare can be found at The Florentine Tearoom :) despite the name they do also serve coffee!




                           

There is seating in front of the cafe so although the the place may look small when you first walk in there is plenty of seating space as there is also a little courtyard out back to enjoy your treats.

The pistachio macaroon = delicious!! If your just after something really small



                                          

1 comment: