Sunday 19 June 2011

Friends of Mine





So I've been neglecting the blog a little lately as life's been a bit full on. My recent spate of activity has included a trip to Sydney and a rather spontaneous trip to Melbourne last weekend. These two cities never fail to excite me as I always seem to discover something new. Both trips involved lots of eating (something I seem to be rather good at!), drinking and of course the trips couldn't be complete without a little spot of shopping!. Whilst in Melbourne I was introduced to one of the most amazing cafe's. I was surprised I didn't discover this little gem while living in the city last year!






Friends of Mine is definitely one to try if your in Melbourne. I had a lovely brunch date with two of my good friends Laura and Yasmin as well as Yaz's little sister Sophia. At Friends of Mine your spoilt for choice when it comes to the food! everything on the menu sounds sooo good it's difficult to choose!! I was tossing up between the smashed avocado with thyme buttered mushrooms (which seemed like the popular option as both Yaz and Soph ordered this along with many others sitting nearby) and the banana bread. In the end I decided to go with the sweet option and ordered the banana bread with crushed pistachios, berry compote and maple syrup mascarpone..... I didn't know banana bread could look sooo good!!! It was incredibly scrumptious and satisfying and hit all the right spots!! Laura went for the 'Jack + Jill' which consisted of cheesy bread, poached eggs, bacon, tomato, avocado and other yummy things. I noticed that one could order a berocca which would complement this nicely if you were looking for the perfect hangover breakfast!



Banana Bread

Smashed Avocado with Mushrooms

I loved how the milk was served in a cute little milk bottle and I especially loved the rustic vintage feel of the tea pot!







I loved the buzzing but chilled out vibe of Friends of Mine. The beautiful chandeliers added a touch of glamour amongst the chalkboards and raw brick. The hot chocolate would have to be one of the best I have had in a long time and because the food was so so good I had to go back for round two the next day!!!






AMAZING Hot Chocolate!

Toasted Noisette fruit bread with cinnamon butter and jam......super yum! 


I also loved how the juices came in retro medicine bottles!.....quite creative I thought!

The bill was delivered in cute little felt pouches which I found to be quite unique and couldn't resist taking some pictures!





Next time I'm in Melbourne I will be sure to make a trip to this little treasure (located at 506 swan st richmond) and I would highly recommend you stop by on your next visit. simran xx

1 comment:

  1. This looks like an awesome little cafe! I'll have to go check it out! x

    ReplyDelete